Baylor's hospitals and outpatient care centers offer a complete range of cancer services including screenings, treatment, and prevention, supported at every point by education and research.
Baylor T. Boone Pickens Cancer Hospital
Baylor T. Boone Pickens Cancer Hospital has been designed to provide a place of healing, calming and spirituality for everyone involved in the cancer journey. The surroundings are attractive, and well-designed rooms are larger to accommodate family members. Additional amenities have been introduced to ensure the environment is attractive and convenient.
The hospital is scheduled to include:
- Blood and Marrow Transplant (BMT) Unit, occupying a 24-bed induction unit on the 7th floor. This is a replacement for the unit that was temporarily located in Roberts Hospital
- A 24-bed nursing unit on the 6th floor that handles overflow from the BMT Unit, as well as serving hematologic oncology patients
- Satellite oncology pharmacy on the 3rd floor
- BMT processing lab on the 2nd floor, which handles processing of stem cells and bone marrow products
- Lobby on the 1st floor with patient support and registration services
- Apheresis Center on the 1st floor containing 8 bays with beds
- Washer/dryer and shower facilities for families and caregivers
- Two general oncology nursing units (48 beds total)
- Palliative care services
- An imaging center
- A patient food services unit that will provide concierge-style dining for patients
- Oncology Evaluation and Treatment Center: The Oncology Evaluation and Treatment Center, on the first floor, is an exciting new service that will be available after hours (Monday-Friday 4 p.m. to 7 a.m. and Friday 4 p.m. to Monday 7 a.m.) for established oncology patients at Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas who are sick or otherwise in need of assistance.
Baylor Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center at Dallas
The Baylor Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center at Dallas - the largest outpatient cancer center in North Texas - is dedicated to making strides in cancer care through our ongoing commitment to cancer care, cancer education, and research and clinical trials.
Building on more than 35 years of innovative care and research, Baylor Sammons Cancer Center at Dallas is expanding its infrastructure to include more clinical trials, additional research laboratory space, additional research staff, and specialized clinical trials.
Learn more about cancer care and cancer research at Baylor Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center.
If you would like to refer a patient to Baylor's cancer care services, please use our Refer a Patient tool.
Baylor Health Care System offers several residencies, fellowships, and electives related to cancer care, including:
Please view the full list on our Education website.
Clinical trials at Baylor are an essential component in patient-centered care, health care effectiveness and quality of care research bringing innovative treatments from the laboratory workbench to the patient bedside.
Search for Clinical Trials currently underway at Baylor Health Care System.
Baylor Research Institute
Established in 1984, Baylor Research Institute (BRI) is a dedicated research center for finding prevention therapies and treatments for diseases and illnesses.