Baylor Scott & White Research Institute (BSWRI) is a research center dedicated to finding prevention therapies and treatments for diseases and illnesses. Our research focuses on the patient. This means our efforts are more than microscopic studies — they bring the research to the patient's bedside.
The Plano Clinical Trials Office (CTO), located at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Plano, serves as a comprehensive resource for initiating and conducting clinical trials for physicians and other investigators on the medical staff at Baylor hospitals and research centers. The office encourages research and assists investigators and representatives of the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and device industries in navigating the complex research arena.
The Plano CTO benefits new and experienced investigators by assisting them in conducting research studies, managing research operations and improving operational efficiencies. The office hires and provides administrative space for research staff and assists the research team to ensure coverage when a research staff member is on leave. The CTO staff includes the medical director, director of clinical research, research manager, clinical research coordinators and administrative staff. And with staff experienced in financial and regulatory compliance, the CTO is able to facilitate the placement of clinical trials at Baylor Scott & White and often expedite their initiation.
To learn more about the services offered by Baylor Scott & White Research Institute and the Plano CTO, contact Amy Barnette, research manager, at 469.814.4041 or email@example.com.
Plano CTO Research Team
Plano Clinical Trial Office
4708 Alliance Blvd Ste 800
Plano, TX 75093
Complete Menu of Services
Investigators may conduct clinical trials through the CTO while maintaining responsibility for the project, or the CTO can provide specific services tailored to an investigator’s individual needs.
- Services offered to all investigators
· Staff education and training on research compliance and
· Access to Research nurses and new employee staff training
· Temporary staffing resources
· Policy and procedure implementation and standardization
· Budget template and financial management training
· Staff education on topics such as shipping diagnostic specimens, budget preparation and good clinical practice
· Contact for representatives of pharmaceutical, biotechnology and device industries for trial and training placement
- Services for investigators coordinating studies through the CTO
· Baylor Institutional Review Board (IRB) study submission
· Budget development and financial management
· Clinical coordination by research nurse/coordinator, including screening and enrolling study participants
· Case report form completion
· IRB correspondence and communication
· Study sponsor or contract research organization liaison
Investigators can generally apply funds budgeted and received for studies to cover the cost of services provided by the CTO. The CTO operates on a fee-for-service basis, with most costs limited primarily to time expended by a research nurse or coordinator on an individual trial.
- Additional resources for clinical investigators
· Research opportunity identification
· Contract and budget negotiation
· Grant submission and reporting
· Execution of confidentiality agreements
· Recruitment planning
· Research billing compliance procedures and forms
· Clinical trial financial management
To learn more about the current research being conducted through the Plano CTO, search for a clinical trial.