- Baylor Institutional Review Board (IRB) study submission
- Budget development and financial management
- Clinical coordination by research nurse/coordinator, including screening and enrolling study participants
- Case report form completion
- IRB correspondence and communication
- Study sponsor or contract research organization liaison
Investigators can generally apply funds budgeted and received for studies to cover the cost of services provided by the Clinical Trials Office. The Office operates on a fee-for-service basis, with most costs limited primarily to time expended by a research nurse or coordinator on an individual trial.