Our Surgical Pathology Fellowship is structured similarly to that of a staff pathologist. The fellow will be scheduled within the attending rotation schedule each month. The goal of this fellowship is to provide the fellow with the closest experience to being a staff pathologist as possible.
This schedule will include:
- Frozen sections
- General Surgical Pathology Sign out, which includes:
o Neuropathology frozen section
o Outpatient biopsies
The fellow will be expected to:
- Participate in the education of rotating residents and medical students as well as evaluate their performance
- Attend and present cases to the faculty and staff at a daily consensus conference
- Attend and present at didactic sessions and journal club meetings
- Participate in the QA Committee and complete a QA Project
- Attend and present cases at subspecialty tumor boards and MDTs
We strongly encourage fellows to participate in a research project with abstract and presentation at a national meeting.
The fellow will be on call for one week every six to eight weeks. Call will include primarily transplant donor biopsies.